Information on AC's Public Benefits Work
In the area of public benefits, the Advocacy Center may be able to help Louisiana residents with legal issues related to:
- Denial of eligibility, reduction or termination of services through home and community based services programs such as Long Term Personal Care Services (LTPCS), Community Choices Waiver (formerly EDA), and the New Opportunities Wavier (NOW).
- Issues related to Coordinated Care Networks, Louisiana's new managed care program
- Medicare* #
- Assistive Technology such as wheelchairs, communication devices or hearing aids funded by Medicare or Medicaid* #
- Food Stamps*
- Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)* #
- Veteran' Administration Benefits* #
The Advocacy Center’s Public Benefits Group addresses a number of issues and solicits input on our work throughout the year. Call or email for more information or to request help. Visit our survey page to share your opinion.
*For people over 60 living in Orleans, Plaquemines and St. Tammany Parishes only.
#For applicants and residents of nursing facilities and assisted living facilities and long term care ombudsmen.